Friday, May 8, 2009

Mushroom Tofu Ragu aka Disappointment City

Dear Emeril,

For years now I have loved your recipes, your show has often been a bit much for me but your recipes have never disappointed. That is, until last week. I love your new Emeril Green show but what were you thinking? I stirred up your Mushroom Tofu Ragu, excited by a nice, healthy version of one of my favorite dishes. It was terrible! Really almost inedible. I know that you were pandering to the vegetarian but what you were really doing was continuing the myth that vegetarian food has to taste bad. It was so sweet, not to mention the weird/bland flavor that it had. I was so disappointed that I’m not even going to post a photo of it because frankly, even that was pretty unappetizing to look at.

Your disappointed fan,
Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment